Scholarships are a major source of funding for UMaine students to supplement federal, state, and university aid. Awards are based on a variety of criteria including, but not limited to, things such as academic merit, achievement, alumni affiliation, financial need, or a combination of several factors.
Please reach out to the Office of Student Financial Aid if you have any questions.
NEW! ScholarshipUniverse Scholarship Resource
As a University of Maine student, ScholarshipUniverse, a scholarship-matching platform, can connect you with hundreds of UMaine scholarships and thousands of outside/private scholarships.
Getting started with ScholarshipUniverse is easy. If you have a valid maine.edu account, then you will be able to access ScholarshipUniverse.
How to access ScholarshipUniverse:
- Go to umaine.scholarshipuniverse.com.
- Login with your MaineStreet username and password.
- ScholarshipUniverse will automatically match you to internal scholarships based on your MaineStreet data.
- You can also answer additional questions to build your profile and be matched to more selective scholarships and external awards.
- You will be able to manage scholarship applications, documents, and thank you letters, all in one place.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Student Financial Aid. You can also view the following pages, which will help you navigate the ScholarshipUniverse platform: