Wabanaki is hiring a Case Manager for their Bangor Office
Job Title: Community Integration Specialist (Adult Case Manager)
Reports to: Program Manager/CEO’s/Clinical Director
Responsibility for Employees: No
Responsibilities: Provide community case management services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness
- Assess client strengths and needs.
- Meet with clients on a regular basis as is clinically necessary
- Develop client centered treatment plans (ISP) with measurable goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement client centered safety/crisis plans and complete assessments for each client.
- Monitor and ensure quality of services.
- Coordinate and participate in team meetings with client, guardian and other service providers and natural supports.
- Assist client in accessing and utilizing community supports.
- Monitor the delivery of client services.
- Advocate and refer for services and resources for unmet needs.
- Assist, monitor and support client in transitioning between services
- Maintain client records and progress notes in compliance with regulatory requirements as developed by DHHS and MaineCare and CBH.
- Develop relationships with representatives from other agencies to support clients.
- Adhere to client confidentiality requirements and standards.
- Participate in all staff meetings, educational opportunities and clinical supervisions as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain professional integrity and boundaries with all providers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: MHRT-C Certification
- 1-2 years of relevant experience working with persons with mental illness.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Valid drivers license and proof of automobile insurance
- Working conditions: Walking up and down stairs, standing sitting and visiting clients in their home and the community. May be required to lift 20-25lbs.
- You may be exposed to second hand smoke
- Experience with BHHO
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Uphold and preserve the confidentiality of clients to the highest degree.
- Ability to work where there is prolonged sitting and/standing.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer terminal, telephone, photocopier and other office equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry books, boxes and/or medical charts weighing up to 10lbs
- Possess good organizational, detail and time management skills
- Ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions and orientation to the job
- Ability to communicate ideas, instructions, and other information in a clear and precise manner using both written and oral forms of communication
- Appropriate personal appearance
- Complete and comply with Agency’s orientation and training requirements
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and other meetings as deemed appropriate and necessary by your immediate supervisor
- Become familiar and comply with Agency’s standards and procedures
- Become familiar with Agency, programs, policies and personnel
- Motivation to attend and participate in continuing and required education
- To work as part of a team