The School of Computing and Information Science currently offers the following undergraduate programs:
Minors are specializations taken outside of a student’s major and are listed on the student’s official transcript upon graduation. The School of Computing and Information Science offers minors in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction and New Media.
- Consult Undergraduate Catalog > select year of catalog > Majors and Minors (right column menu) > explore the minors of interest
Early Admission to Graduate School Programs
The following Four Plus One or Double Up or Accelerated Graduate Programs allow qualifying undergraduate students from any undergraduate degree program on any University of Maine campus while in the third year of their undergraduate degree program to enroll in the School’s following graduate programs: MS Information Systems, MS Spatial Informatics or MS Spatial Information Science and Engineering (non-thesis option) programs. The MS Computer Science double-up program is limited to students enrolled in CS or similar degrees. Entering a double-up program is likely to shorten acquisition of the master’s degree by up to a year. The Four Plus One or Double Up graduate courses in the MSIS and MSSI programs may be taken through on-campus classes or by distance.
- Four Plus One Program (a.k.a. Double Up Program) for MS Information Systems
- Four Plus One Program (a.k.a. Double Up Program) for Spatial Information Science and Engineering (Non-thesis Option) and Spatial Informatics (Distance Only Grad Courses)
- Four Plus One Program (a.k.a. Double Up Program) for MS Computer Science (No-thesis Option) Limited to CS students and COS grad distance courses are currently insufficient to pursue entirely online
- See also Accelerated Graduate Programs