Design Your Future at the School of Computing and Information Science
Our students are solving real world problems. Become involved in researching and developing creative, innovative and practical solutions to some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Students, faculty and graduates work with other smart, inspiring people to invent, design and develop things that matter and make a difference. Can you see yourself doing some of these jobs?
- Protect the planet by developing state-of-the-art computing and networking solutions
- Design information systems for businesses, non-profits, governments at all levels, or individuals
- Create cutting-edge animation for video games, movies, and television
- Develop and manage database systems
- Pursue ethics-driven design to protect personal information privacy and lessen economic inequality
- Develop software and systems to better utilize location information, sensors and mobile systems
The School of Computing and Information Science at the University of Maine offers degree programs in areas of Computer Science, New Media, Spatial Informatics, Information Systems, Human-Centered Technology and Design, and Information Science. Our reputation as a growing interdisciplinary school in Data Sciences places our programs on the map, and our facilities are filled with rich resources. Combined with the great value and the outstanding location – UMaine is the right choice.