Information for Current Students: Forms
- MST Progress Report form (pdf)- To be filled out at each committee meeting
- MST Program of Study Form (pdf)- To be submitted prior the completion of 12 credit hours or 3rd registration
- Tentative Thesis Acceptance Form (pdf)- To be submitted 5 business days prior to thesis defense
- Teaching Observation Protocol (pdf)- used during student teaching
All research projects involving human subjects must comply with the University of Maine Policy and Procedure for the Protection of Human Subjects of Research (see Office of Research Compliance website). Before starting their thesis project, students must complete two steps to ensure they are in compliance:
Complete the online Institutional Review Board (IRB) training.
- IRB Overview – Information and directions to complete this online training course
- IRB Training – The training takes 4-5 hours and is valid for 4 years after completion
After the online training is complete, students should complete and submit an application form to the IRB for approval of their research project.
- Forms and Samples – Cover page, instructions, examples, etc.
- Application Deadlines – Application review takes several weeks, so students should plan ahead
UMaine Grad School:
- Oral Defense Notification – To be filled out at least 2 weeks prior to oral defense
- Graduate School Forms page
- Graduate School: Thesis resources
ME Department of Education: