Bachelor of Arts in Spanish
- Demonstration of listening comprehension, oral, reading, and writing proficiency.Students who have not received at least a grade of “B” in
SPA 305 or SPA 306 may be required to take a test in languages skills.
- Demonstration of comprehensive coverage of literature and civilization through successful completion of appropriate course work
- A minimum of 36 credit hours, 30 of which must be above (i.e. at the 300 and 400 levels) the intermediate level
- 15 credits of 400-level Spanish courses including at least one language and one literature course.
- SPA 305: Applied Spanish, and/or
- SPA 306: Workshop in Speaking and Writing Spanish
- SPA 301 Introduction to Literary Theory*, or
- SPA 307: Readings in Peninsular Literature, or equivalent, or
- SPA 308: Readings in Spanish-American Literature, or equivalent
- INT 410 Introduction to the Study of Linguistics
- SPA 495: Senior Project in Spanish (Satisfies a General Education Requirement)
- HTY 105: History of Western European Civilization I
- HTY 106: History of Western European Civilization II
*SPA 301 is no longer being offered and students are encouraged to take SPA 307 or 308. The B.A. requirements for Spanish will be changed accordingly in the 2016-17 academic year. Updated degree requirements will appear in the 2017-18 catalog.