IT Help Desk Hours
- Summer 2023 Walk-in Support Hours: Fogler Library (1st-floor Info Commons)
- Mon – Fri: 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Weekends: Closed
- Support hours for phone, chat and email support (Eastern USA time zone)
- Mon – Thurs: 7:30am – 5:00pm
- Weekends: Closed
- May 29 Memorial Day, Closed
- June 19 Juneteenth, Closed
- July 4 Independence Day, Closed
Phone or Chat preferred for critical issues. Phone required for UMSID account activations/password resets
- Email Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media Services Phone Support and Hours: 207.581.2500
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday – Sunday: Closed
UMS Account Info
Your UMS Account must be activated in order to register a device. If you have your ID# and Activation Key, visit accounts.maine.edu. Click the Account Activation link and follow the instructions on that page. For additional information or support please contact the IT Support Center at 207-581-2506.
UMaine Information Technology’s goal is to offer the highest level of service possible to support the technology needs of UMaine students, faculty, and staff while maintaining a safe and healthy environment for all during the pandemic. To achieve that goal, on-campus IT support services have been modified for fall 2021. While walk-in support options are more limited this semester, we have measures in place to ensure that students and employees get the help they need when they need it.
Please check out UMaine Keep Learning and IT Resources and Tools for information on how to complete remote work, teaching, and learning.
Computer Support – UMaine IT wants to assure you we are doing all we can to assist faculty, staff, and students remotely when possible and scheduling appointments for instances requiring onsite assistance. Contact 207.581.2506 to schedule an appointment for dropping-off or picking-up a computer.