Apply to UMaine IEI Core Program
**NEW** International Discovery Scholarship, up to $2000 per academic year! No additional application is required! Details HERE!
• Declaration of Finances (Upload in Application)
• Financial Document or Bank Statement (Upload in Application)
• A Copy of your Passport Photo Page (Upload in Application)
• Application Fee – Pay Online Here
Apply to Maine Bridge Program
Student who wish to directly join the Maine Bridge Program must apply to either an undergraduate or graduate program at the University of Maine. Qualified applicants who do not meet the language requirements of their program are then given conditional admission to the University of Maine and their applications are automatically forwarded to our Maine Bridge Program coordinator who will then evaluate the student’s placement in the Maine Bridge Program.
|SESSION||Spring A||Spring B||Summer||Fall A||Fall B|
|Arrival Day||January 16||March 19||June 4||August 27||October 22|
|Testing Day||January 17||March 20||June 5||August 28||October 23|
|Orientation||January 17||March 20||June 5||August 28||October 23|
|Class Start Date||January 21||March 23||June 8||August 31||October 26|
|Class End Date||March 13||May 8||July 31||October 23||December 18|
|Weeks of Instruction||8||8||8||8||8|
Once we’ve received your completed application, you will be issued Form I-20 with instructions to apply for your F-1 Student Visa.
What To Do With Your I-20 (F Students)
1. Read page three (I-20) or page two (DS-2019) carefully.
2. Check to make sure all of your personal information is correct: spelling of names, date of birth, country of citizenship. If anything is incorrect, please contact our office at the above phone number or at email@example.com
3. Sign page one where indicated.
4. Use your I-20 or DS-2019 to apply for your F-1 or J-1 visa at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. (Canadians are not required to apply for a visa stamp).
5. Present the I-20 or DS-2019 to an Immigration official at the Port of Entry (border or airport) with your passport. DO NOT WAIT FOR THE OFFICER TO REQUEST IT. HAVE IT READY FOR INSPECTION WITH YOUR PASSPORT.
6. Keep your I-20 or DS-2019 safe. This document along with the entry stamp in your passport proves your lawful status in the U.S.
7. Report to our office upon your arrival at UMaine.
For more information, see https://umaine.edu/international/isss/students/immigration-visas/apply/