Apply to UMaine IEI
**NEW** International Discovery Scholarship, up to $2000 per academic year! No additional application is required! Details HERE!
• Declaration of Finances (Upload in Application)
• Financial Document or Bank Statement (Upload in Application)
• A Copy of your Passport Photo Page (Upload in Application)
• Application Fee – Pay Online Here
Once we’ve received your completed application, you will be issued Form I-20 with instructions to apply for your F-1 Student Visa.
What To Do With Your I-20 (F Students)
1. Read page three (I-20) or page two (DS-2019) carefully.
2. Check to make sure all of your personal information is correct: spelling of names, date of birth, country of citizenship. If anything is incorrect, please contact our office at the above phone number or at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Sign page one where indicated.
4. Use your I-20 or DS-2019 to apply for your F-1 or J-1 visa at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. (Canadians are not required to apply for a visa stamp).
5. Present the I-20 or DS-2019 to an Immigration official at the Port of Entry (border or airport) with your passport. DO NOT WAIT FOR THE OFFICER TO REQUEST IT. HAVE IT READY FOR INSPECTION WITH YOUR PASSPORT.
6. Keep your I-20 or DS-2019 safe. This document along with the entry stamp in your passport proves your lawful status in the U.S.
7. Report to our office upon your arrival at UMaine.
For more information, see https://umaine.edu/international/isss/students/immigration-visas/apply/