About UMaine Dining
Everything we do is focused on the people we serve daily through our dining locations and catering services. We have two dining halls and four retail locations across the 660 acre University campus in Orono. Our goal is to provide fresh, innovative menus featuring local foods, with some of your favorite comforts from home mixed in. Our team is made up of chefs, production managers, and dining employees from all over the world. We love what we do, and value input from students and staff.
The genuine care, comfort and education of the campus community is our mission. We are committed to innovative choices, wellness and sustainability by joining quality assurance with superior guest satisfaction.
- NEW: You can now charge a Commuter Meal Plan to your student account.
- NEW: Send a Black Bear Care Package to your favorite student on campus!
- Late Night hours are available at Hilltop Dining beginning Sunday, January 24.
- Spring 2021 semester Meal Plan rates are available
- Students now get up to 5 sides in their Dine To Go Meals.
- Limited, physically distanced indoor dining is now available at our dining halls! Follow us on social for the latest info and updates.
- Download the UMaine Dining Mobile app to order from the Bear’s Den Monday–Friday.
- Not feeling well? Have a friend pick up a Get Well Meal.
- Commuter meal plans are available for sign up and billing to your student account!
- Due to the ongoing announcements for this academic year, our website is being frequently updated. Thank you for your continued patience.
Resident Meal Plan Requirement
The University of Maine requires all residential students, except those residing in DTAV or Patch, to purchase a meal plan to ensure that our students are eating, living, and learning in healthful ways. Our dining locations are designed to enhance the social atmosphere of a college campus and offer comfortable seating, Wi-Fi and TVs for students to utilize to work or hang out with their peers.
Have a special diet?
UMaine Dining is committed to helping our customers meet their dietary needs with delicious choices. If you have dietary restrictions from religious practices, are following a vegan, vegetarian, or other diet, please contact our Registered Dietitian. She is a food and nutrition expert who provides counseling, guidance, and solutions to help you create or maintain a healthy lifestyle.
We love to try new things! UMaine Dining runs a test kitchen to try exciting new recipes and products. Our staff gives feedback, which is incorporated into the dishes before they are served in dining facilities.