About UMaine Dining
Everything we do is focused on the people we serve daily through our eight dining locations and catering services. We have three dining halls and five retail locations across the 660 acre University campus in Orono. Our goal is to provide fresh, innovative menus featuring local foods, with some of your favorite comforts from home mixed in. Our team is made up of chefs, production managers, and dining employees from all over the world. We love what we do, and value input from students and staff.
The genuine care, comfort and education of the campus community is our mission. We are committed to innovative choices, wellness and sustainability by joining quality assurance with superior guest satisfaction.
Updates for Fall 2020
- Download the UMaine Dining Mobile app to order from the Bear’s Den Monday–Friday from 7:30 a.m.–2 p.m. Pick up your order at Union Central Market’s pick up window. The Bear’s Den is open for walk-in traffic until 4 p.m. Monday–Friday.
- Not feeling well? Have a friend pick up a Get Well Meal.
- Commuter meal plans are available for sign up and billing to your student account!
- Revised meal plan rates for 2020–2021 are available
- Due to the ongoing announcements for Fall 2020, our website is being frequently updated. Thank you for your continued patience.
Resident Meal Plan Requirement
The University of Maine requires all residential students, except those residing in DTAV or Patch, to purchase a meal plan to ensure that our students are eating, living, and learning in healthful ways. Our dining locations are designed to enhance the social atmosphere of a college campus and offer comfortable seating, Wi-Fi and TVs for students to utilize to work or hang out with their peers.
Have a special diet?
UMaine Dining is committed to helping our customers meet their dietary needs with delicious choices. If you have dietary restrictions from religious practices, are following a vegan, vegetarian, or other diet, please contact our Registered Dietitian. She is a food and nutrition expert who provides counseling, guidance, and solutions to help you create or maintain a healthy lifestyle.
We love to try new things! UMaine Dining runs a test kitchen to try exciting new recipes and products. Our staff gives feedback, which is incorporated into the dishes before they are served in dining facilities.