Welcome Day for New Students ( & Transfers) Who are Commuters
HAVE A FEW MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT UMAINE?
WANT TO MEET SOME OTHER
STUDENTS WHO LIVE OFF CAMPUS?
NEW STUDENT-COMMUTERS WELCOME DAY
August 29, 2019
First Year or Transfer (attending UMaine after 0-3 years from high school)
New Nontraditional Students and New Veteran Students who commute
Get ahead of the lines, take care of last minutes tasks, and meet other new commuters
Pick up your Commuter Club T shirt and Commuter Lounge travel mug
8:30 AM -9:00 AM Registration
- Check in: Ground Floor of Memorial Union
- Bagels and Coffee: Commuter lounge/ Wade Center
9:00 AM -9:30 AM Welcome, Introductions: Memorial Union, Bangor Room
- Meet the CLAWS (Commuter Lounge Associates Welcoming Students), returning commuter students who are here to help you.
- Orientation Overview,
- Review Welcome Weekend.
9:45 AM -10:20 AM Sessions: Memorial Union.
- *FY/ Transfer Commuters: Getting Started with Your Academics Bangor Room 2nd floor
- **Nontraditional Students: Money Matters, A Guide to Financial Aid , Commuter Lounge / Wade Center
10:30: AM -11:05 AM Sessions: (Students stay in room, Presenters will switch rooms)
- Nontraditional Students: Getting Started with Your Academics
- FY/ Transfer Commuters: Money Matters , A Guide to Financial Aid
11:15 AM-12:30 PM Small Group Discussions & Lunch for New Students:
FY/ Transfer Commuters or Nontraditional Students discussion groups and lunch with returning commuter students (CLAWS) (Lunch ticket provided for students) Parents and other guests may purchase lunch at the Bears Den, Memorial Union
11:30- 12:45PM IT Support Center staff will be available in the Commuter Lounge to assist with questions about navigating the Portal, MaineStreet ,BlackBoard or any other IT systems
12:30 PM -1:25 PM Tours: Start from Commuter Lounge.
- Financial Aid, Bursars, Bookstore, Marketplace, Recreation Center, The Mall, Student Services Center (Maine Cards, Parking Permits) Bring your class schedule and we’ll show you where your class meets.
1:30 PM -2:00 PM Final Q&A: Commuter Lounge
- CNTSP staff and returning commuters will be available to answer any final questions
2:00 PM- 4:30 PM Time available to visit your college office for academic info (best to call ahead and make an appointment) or visit Financial Aid, The Bookstore or the Bursars Office.
7:00 PM First 2018 home football game , Alfond Stadium, UMaine Vs UNH. Don’t forget to pick up your free tickets for you and family members
*FY/ Transfer Commuters- commuter students who started college / are starting in college right after high school and are new students at UMaine.**Nontraditional Students – commuter students who are 24 or older, parents, married/partners or veterans. Generally have been out of school for 3-4 years.
A HEARTY MAINE HELLO!!!!!