New Student-Commuter Welcome Day
Fall Welcome Day for New Students Who Live Off Campus
HAVE A FEW MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT UMAINE?
WANT TO MEET SOME OTHER
STUDENTS WHO LIVE OFF CAMPUS?
First Year or Transfer (attending UMaine after 0-3 years from high school)
New Nontraditional Students and New Veteran Students who commute
Get ahead of the lines, take care of last minutes tasks, and meet other new commuters
Pick up your Commuter Club T shirt and Commuter Lounge travel mug
AUGUST 30, 2018
Memorial Union, University of Maine
- Check in
- Bagels and Coffee: in the Commuter lounge, Wade center, Ground floor Memorial Union
9:00 AM -9:55 AM – Welcome, Introductions, Memorial Union, Bangor Room
Meet the CLAWS, Commuter Lounge Associates Welcoming Students), returning commuter students and Team Maine.
- Orientation Overview,
- Meet Team Maine and Returning Commuter Students
- Review Welcome Weekend
10:00 AM -10:30 AM – Sessions, Memorial Union
- First Year ( FY) /Transfer Commuters: Getting Started with Your Academics, Bangor Room, 2nd floor Memorial Union
- Nontraditional Students: Money Matters, A Guide to Financial Aid, Commuter Lounge / Wade Center, Ground Floor, Memorial Union
10:35 AM -11:05 AM – Sessions (Students stay in room, Presenters will switch rooms)
- Nontraditional Students : Getting Started with Your Academics
- FY/ Transfer Commuters : Money Matters, A Guide to Financial Aid
11:15 AM-12:15 PM – Student Small Group Discussions & Lunch, Commuter Lounge
- First Year/Transfer Commuters or Nontraditional Students in discussion groups and lunch with returning commuter students (CLAWS) (Lunch tickets provided for students)
- Parents, family members and guests may purchase lunch in the Bears Den, 2nd floor of Memorial Union
12:15 PM -1:25 PM – Tours, Start from Commuter Lounge.
- Financial Aid, Bursars, Bookstore, Marketplace, Recreation Center,the Mall, Student Services Center (Maine Cards, Parking Permits). Bring your class schedule and we’ll show you where your class meets.
1:30 PM -2:00 PM – Final Q&A, Commuter Lounge
- Staff and returning commuter students will be available for any final questions 2:00 PM- 4:30 PM -Time available to visit your college office, Financial Aid, Bookstore or the Bursar.
*FY Commuters: commuter students who recently graduated from high school and are starting college at UMaine.
Transfer Commuters: graduated from high school 1-3 years ago and have attended another college before enrolling at UMaine.
Nontraditional Students: Undergraduate students who are 24 or older, parents, married/partnered or veterans. Generally “non trads” have been out of school for 3-4 years. Some nontraditional students may also be transfer students.
A HEARTY MAINE HELLO!!!!!