New Student-Commuter Welcome Day
Fall Welcome Day for New Students Who Live Off Campus
HAVE A FEW MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT UMAINE?
WANT TO MEET SOME OTHER
STUDENTS WHO LIVE OFF CAMPUS?
NEW STUDENT COMMUTERS
First Year or Transfer (attending UMaine after 0-3 years from high school)
New Non-traditional Students and New Veteran Students who commute
Get ahead of the lines, take care of last minute tasks and meet other new commuters!
Pick up your commuter club T-shirt and Commuter Lounge travel mug!
AUGUST 29, 2019
Memorial Union, University of Maine
- Check in
- Bagels and Coffee: in the Commuter lounge, Wade Center, ground floor Memorial Union
9:00 AM -9:55 AM – Welcome, introductions, Memorial Union, Bangor Room
Meet the CLAWS, Commuter Lounge Associates Welcoming Students), returning commuter students and Team Maine.
- Orientation overview,
- Meet Team Maine and returning commuter students
- Review Welcome Weekend
10:00 AM -10:30 AM – Sessions, Memorial Union
- First Year ( FY) /Transfer Commuters: Getting Started with Your Academics, Bangor Room, 2nd floor Memorial Union
- Nontraditional Students: Money Matters, A Guide to Financial Aid, Commuter Lounge / Wade Center, Ground Floor, Memorial Union
10:35 AM -11:05 AM – Sessions (Students stay in room, Presenters will switch rooms)
- Nontraditional Students : Getting Started with Your Academics
- FY/ Transfer Commuters : Money Matters, A Guide to Financial Aid
11:15 AM-12:15 PM – Student Small Group Discussions & Lunch, Commuter Lounge
- First Year/Transfer Commuters or Nontraditional Students in discussion groups and lunch with returning commuter students (CLAWS) (Lunch tickets provided for students)
- Parents, family members and guests may purchase lunch in the Bears Den, 2nd floor of Memorial Union
12:15 PM -1:25 PM – Tours, Start from Commuter Lounge.
- Financial Aid, Bursars, Bookstore, Marketplace, Recreation Center,the Mall, Student Services Center (Maine Cards, Parking Permits). Bring your class schedule and we’ll show you where your class meets.
1:30 PM -2:00 PM – Final Q&A, Commuter Lounge
- Staff and returning commuter students will be available for any final questions 2:00 PM- 4:30 PM -Time available to visit your college office, Financial Aid, Bookstore or the Bursar.
*FY Commuters: commuter students who recently graduated from high school and are starting college at UMaine.
Transfer Commuters: graduated from high school 1-3 years ago and have attended another college before enrolling at UMaine.
Nontraditional Students: Undergraduate students who are 24 or older, parents, married/partnered or veterans. Generally “non trads” have been out of school for 3-4 years. Some nontraditional students may also be transfer students.
A HEARTY MAINE HELLO!!!!!