Skip to main navigation
Skip to site navigation
Skip to content
Tools & Resources
- Agriculture Weather & Climate Apps: visit Farms.Com for a variety of options including Climate FIELDVIEW and the ColdSnap! Frost Alarm.
- Climate Hubs Tool Shed: this USDA database lists tools intended to help land managers incorporate climate change into their decision-making.
- Climate Smart Farming: this Cornell University-based site features useful farming decision-support tools including water deficit and freeze risk calculator for anywhere in the Northeast USA.
- Crop Progress and Condition Reports: this USDA NASS report includes degree days, temperature, precipitation, crop planting progress, crop development and harvesting progress for New England.
Pest & Disease Forecasts
- Ag-Radar for Apples: this UMaine Extension tool uses weather forecasts to inform pest management.
- Blight Forecasting: this UMaine Extension site provides early and late blight disease forecasts.
- Mummy Berry Forecasting Method: this UMaine Extension tool uses weather forecasts to improve control of the mummy berry disease in wild blueberry. Forecasts updates are posted here.
Agricultural Adaptation Resources
Climate Change Resources – Maine
- Maine’s Climate Future Report: this report outlines Maine’s climate history and delves into implications of predicted 21st century climate change for Maine people.
- Maine Climate News: this UMaine Climate Change Institute website is updated periodically with new climate information.
- Gulf of Maine Council Climate Network: this website features resources for climate-smart land use planning.
Climate Change Resources – National
General Agricultural Resources