Are You Ready for the Spring Semester?
The Spring Semester is coming right up! Here are a few things you can do to make sure that your course is ready to go.
Do you want to use materials from a previous course? You can copy items right into your Spring course! If you don’t want to copy an entire course, you can pick and choose which items you want to copy. After the copy, make sure that you check your items to make sure they are there and working!
- Go to your Spring course
- Select Course Admin
- Select Import/Export/Copy Components
- Select Search for Offering and add the course that you want to copy
- Select Copy All Components or choose Select Components to pick what you want to copy
Want more information? Visit How to Import and Copy Items into a Course
Make Course Active
You will need to make your course active for students to be able to access it. Make sure that you are ready for students to access the course. Once you activate it, the course will be available immediately to students.
- Select Course Admin
- Select Course Offering Information
- Select the checkbox next to Course is Active
- Select Save
Want more information? Visit: How to Activate a Course
Add TAs and/or others to your Course
If you are working with TAs, MLAs, or other instructors there is a chance you will need to manually add them to the class list so they can be part of your course. Follow the instructions below to add additional people to your course.
- Go to your Classlist in Brightspace
- Click Add Participants
- Click Add Existing Users
- Type the name of the person you want to add in the search box and click Enter
- Select which Role you want them to have (i.e. TA)
- Click the select box next to their name
- Click Enroll Selected Users
Advanced: Intelligent Agents
Do you want to make sure that students are accessing your Spring course? Set up an Intelligent Agent to automatically monitor whether or not students are accessing the course! You can also choose to have it send an email to those students.
Want to learn more about how to set this up? Read this document: Use Intelligent Agents to Check if Students are Accessing Your Course or watch this video: Use Intelligent Agents to Check if Students are Accessing Your Course
Working with a 3rd Party Publisher?
The best way to get your 3rd party publisher tools set up in Birghtspace is to reach out to your publisher representative.
Have More Questions?
Schedule a one-on-one consultation: Request a One-On-One Consultation