For your convenience, you can now submit your
Presentation Request Form online!
Please request presentation dates at least two weeks in advance.
Invite a Career Center professional to deliver a presentation to your class.
The Career Center staff is eager to speak with students in your class(es). We can come to your classroom or you can bring your class to the Career Center. We can deliver a presentation that fills a whole class period or for any amount of time that works for you. Here are some topics that we are prepared to deliver, but you can always request a unique career-related topic and we will do our best to accommodate your request. You may call the Career Center at 581-1359 to request a speaker.
Suggested Topics for Class Presentations:
- Resumes and Cover Letters
- Interviewing Skills
- Internships 101
- Career Exploration
- Overview of Career Services
- Networking and Job Search Strategies
Incorporate Career Center activities with your course syllabus!
- Students can sign up for and participate in a mock interview with a Career Center counselor, using videotaping and an interview feedback component
- Students can follow up a resume writing unit with a resume critique at the Career Center
- Students can participate in the Maine Mentor Program as an out-of-class assignment
- Students can research a career(s) using the Career Center library and password-protected resources on the Career Center website
- Students can complete a self-scored career self-assessment inventory accessed on the Career Center website, then make a follow-up appointment with a counselor at the Career Center
- The Career Center can link faculty to employers to arrange for class “field trips” or other site visits or open houses
Please contact the Career Center to discuss how we can collaborate to provide your students with these experiences. The Career Center enjoys a strong relationship with faculty based on a shared commitment to provide students with a quality education for their professional and personal success. We encourage you to refer students to the Career Center for career counseling or for help with any aspect of their internship/job searches. We look forward to working with you.