Facilities Available for Use - Materials Testing
The PDC has a broad range of testing services to support your R & D projects. We routinely analyze raw materials, process samples, extracts, effluents, and final products using a range of analytical techniques. Properties of pulp and paper products are determined using industry standard test methods and environmental conditions. Custom test devices and wet lab facilities are available to serve specific client needs.
The PDC also performs a wide range of image analysis and microscopy, including characterizing fiber morphology and digital imaging at the nano-scale.
Testing can be performed in real-time during refining, coating, extraction, and paper machine trials. The PDC labs also provide rapid response and problem solving support for mill trials, production interruptions, and other situations requiring timely resolution.
- Analysis of raw materials, process samples and effluents
- Advanced microscopy
- Physical and optical property measurement
- Fiber quality monitoring
- Chemical analysis of wood and pulp
- Lab refiner curve evaluation
- Fiber identification – wood and non-wood
- Printability analysis of coated and uncoated papers
- Sheet splitting – fines and filler distributions
- Paper specifications development
- Water and grease resistance determination
To begin scheduling your work, please select the page below that best fits your testing needs.
To find out more about our organization and how to work with us, please refer back to our Home page. To read more about specific types of testing, follow the links below.