Welcome to Cyr Plantation!
According to the Cyr Plantation website, “Cyr Plantation is a small, peaceful community just 3 miles south of Van Buren, Maine which borders New Brunswick Canada.
It was organized as a Plantation on March 12th, 1870 and named after the numerous Cyr’s who lived in the area, including Andre Cyr and his father Christopher who were the first Cyr’s in the Plantation.
Its population is approximately 84. Many of the established homesteads are still occupied by the original owners that dates back to the early 1950’s.
Potato Farming remains the predominate industry; other crops grown here include carrots, wheat, oats, beets and the famous blue potato owned by Lajoie Growers, a generational family owned company.”
- Governor Brann Schoolhouse US-1, Cyr Plantation, Maine 04785
- This historic schoolhouse is on the National Register of Historic Places. Be sure to stop here on the way to the amazing Acadian Village in Van Buren!
- Check out additional activities in nearby Van Buren!
- Great dining options are available in nearby Van Buren!
- Cozy lodging options are available in nearby Van Buren!
Shops & Services
- Great shops & services can be found in nearby Van Buren!