Kindred Hospice looking for a Social Worker
We’re looking for a Social Worker (MSW) –Volunteer Coordinator to join our team.
You will report directly to the Director of Operation. You will be responsible for providing psychosocial support to the patient and family members and representing the volunteers and advocating for volunteer services.
- Performs psychosocial assessments, case management, education and ongoing evaluation of patients and families.
- Provides social work expertise regarding changes to the patient’s level of care.
- Provides casework and service management of patients requiring information about or monitoring: Family relationships, meaning of illness to the patient and his/her family, cultural and spiritual attitudes in relationship to illness, Long term care planning (including process for placement) and advanced care planning expertise.
- Monitors the safety of the patient environment.
- Supervises all volunteer activities
- Assesses patient and family request for a volunteer and assigns volunteer as appropriate
- Oversees volunteer trainings, maintaining of volunteer personnel files, ensures volunteer visits and timely documentation.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from a CSWE School. Licensure as required by the state in which the hospice is located
- One year experience as a Social Worker in a healthcare and/or hospice setting is required; three to five years preferred.
- Healthcare/hospice or volunteer administration experience preferred
- Previous volunteer experience preferred.
- Clinical experience in the areas of life-threatening and chronic illness, grief and loss counseling, individual, family and group therapy. Prefer three years related clinical experience in varied multi-disciplinary settings and one year experience in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of terminally ill patients and their families along with understanding of hospice and the psychosocial dynamics of illness, loss, and death; ability to apply knowledge of the special needs of hospice patient and families;
- Sensitivity to the impact of life and death issues face by individuals with terminal illness; tact in dealing with these patients and their families; ability to support others at a time of crisis; ability to cope with the stress of repeated loss.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health Insurance, 401k Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, PTO
- Opportunity to Participate In a Fleet Program
- Competitive Salaries
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Professional Growth and Development Opportunities
Jennifer Wingard, RN, BSN, ACM
Director of Operations
824 Stillwater Avenue, Suite B
Bangor, ME 04401
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the named addressee, you are hereby notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message, any part of it, or any attachments. If you have received this message in error, please delete this message and any attachments from your system without reading the content and notify the sender immediately of the inadvertent transmission. There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication. Thank you for your cooperation