Forms, Instructions, & Samples
Principal Investigators should anticipate that a submitted protocol may require a month to several months to complete the protocol review and approval process. Please plan accordingly. See Full Review vs. Designated Review for further information.
- Husbandry Form for Sustaining a Colony of Vertebrate Animals (Word): Use this form for requesting for approval to sustain a colony of vertebrate animals.
- Inter-Institutional Agreement: Use this form if proposed research involves collaboration with another institution, federal/state agency, private industry, private animal owners, etc.
- Protocol Amendment (Word): Use this form when amending a currently approved protocol.
- Protocol Review Form for Research, Teaching or Pilot Studies (Word) : Use this form for requesting either approval for research, teaching, or pilot studies involving the use of live vertebrate animals.
Instructions & Guidance
- Guidance/Instructions to help with preparing a protocol:
- Guidance for completing a Research, Teaching or Pilot Studies Protocol (PDF)
- How to Do a Power Analysis
- G*Power — tool to compute statistical power analysis
- Tips to Speed up Your IACUC Approval
These are samples and may not fit your study exactly but should give you helpful ideas of what the IACUC is looking for.