For technical support call the University Technology Support Center
The University of Maine System provides Wi-Fi under the following names:
|eduroam||Encrypted Wireless with Federated Authentication
Best for Laptops, Tablets, and Smart Phones
|eduroam-setup*||Setup network for adding a device to eduroam
(not required for Active Directory clients)
|MaineEDU-Guest||Guest Wireless Access
For users without a University User ID
Limited Bandwidth and Restricted to Specific Applications
|tempest||Legacy open wireless
Best for devices that do not support eduroam
Such as video game consoles
For wired connections, you will need an Ethernet cable. Check with IT on the best place to get one. Plug one end of the cable into the device, and the other into a data jack (normally colored Blue).
Telecom Work Request
Please contact the UMaine Service Desk with telecommunications work requests.
Please have the following required information when reaching out:
- Department account code information for billing
- Networking wall jack number for the Service Request or problem
- Description of Service Request or problem
- The exact location of Service Request or problem
Wired Device Registration
For Laptop and Desktop Computers
- Open your favorite web browser.
- Your browser should redirect to the Network Host Registration page automatically.
- Log in with your UMS Account and follow any instructions.
- If the Network Host Registration page does not appear, please contact the Support Center at 581-2506.
For “Smart” Devices (Game Consoles, SmartTv’s, etc)
Visit helpdesk.maine.edu/device-registration and follow the instructions there.
Only if you are working with the US:IT Support Center and need to allow them to remotely control your system use our University of Maine branded Teamviewer installer below.