Important measures of teacher preparation programs at the University of Maine College of Education and Human Development.
- New Applicants
- Admission scores
- Program enrollment rates
- Retention and graduation rates
- Degrees conferred (CAEP Measure 5)
- Life after UMaine
Student Outcome Measures
-Student Teacher Exit Survey: completed at end of program (CAEP Measure 4)
-Mentor teacher experience surveys:
-Recent Graduate Survey: (CAEP Measure 4)
-Principal Survey: (CAEP Measure 3)
|2017-2020 Employment Data: Teacher Certification (CAEP Measure 6,7)
College of Education and Human Development
|Eligible for initial teacher certification||85||100%||65||100%||85||100%|
|Licensed, employed in Maine||40||47%||43||66.2%||49||57.7%|
|Licensed, NOT employed in Maine||19||22.4%||15||23%||19||22.4%|
|Did not apply for license||18||21.2%||7||10.8%||14||16.4%|
More information about UMaine and teaching in Maine: (CAEP Measure 8)
- College Navigator — Data gathered by the National Center for Education Statistics about affordability, retention and loan default rates.
- College Scorecard — U.S. Department of Education site featuring information about UMaine.
- Teaching salaries in Maine — Information on salaries by specialty and region.
Bureau of Labor Statistics teacher salaries — More detailed salary information.