Important measures of teacher preparation programs at the University of Maine College of Education and Human Development:
- Program enrollment rates
- Degrees conferred
- Retention and graduation rates
- Admissions information
- Life after UMaine
Teacher candidate performance data:
|2017-2020 Employment Data: Teacher Certification
College of Education and Human Development
|Eligible for initial teacher certification||85||100%||65||100%||85||100%|
|Licensed, employed in Maine||40||47%||43||66.2%||49||57.7%|
|Licensed, NOT employed in Maine||19||22.4%||15||23%||19||22.4%|
|Did not apply for license||18||21.2%||7||10.8%||14||16.4%|
More information about UMaine and teaching in Maine:
- College Navigator — Data gathered by the National Center for Education Statistics about affordability, retention and loan default rates.
- College Scorecard — U.S. Department of Education site featuring information about UMaine.
- Teaching salaries in Maine — Information on salaries by specialty and region.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics teacher salaries — More detailed salary information.