Hybrid (in-person but can accommodate remote participants)
Alternate Wednesdays at 10:00am starting September 7th; opposite Wednesday can be reserved for asynchronous work
Innovation in teaching provides exciting opportunities for research and scholarship on teaching practices.
In this CoP, we will engage with peer mentoring and feedback as we:
- explore the fundamentals of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning,
- identify a relevant research question for your course,
- find entry points into SoTL literature,
- generate background research,
- design your study,
- and perhaps draft an IRB application
Part learning community, part working group, the aim of this group will be to dedicate time to work and learn together about initiating SoTL research in your classrooms. Novice to skilled SoTL practitioners are welcome to attend.
This CoP will continue into the spring semester where we will continue drafting an IRB, explore collecting and analyzing data and dissemination of results.