UMaine Hazing Policy (PDF)
Being a part of a campus group or organization is an important and meaningful part of the student experience at the University of Maine. Hazing can be a hidden problem associated with these groups that undermines the value of the experience. We feel that it is important to provide research based education and prevention programs that address the harmful effects hazing can have on our students.
What you need to know:
- Hazing is a violation of the University of Maine conduct code and Maine State Law.
- Hazing occurs across all organization types.
- Groups that haze typically view more positive than negative outcomes of the behavior.
- Hazing is a serious and hidden problem on UMaine’s campus.
- UMaine Police Department 581-4040
- Lauri Sidelko, Student Wellness Resource Center 581-1423
- EJ Roach, Campus Activities and Student Engagement 581-1793
- Anonymous Reporting: http://umaine.edu/police/campus-eyes/
Image Description: hazing_prevention