LGBTQ Allies Council
To promote a safe and inclusive environment for our campus community through education, engagement, and advocacy.
- Recruit and train Safe Zones trainers to assist the Office of LGBTQ Services in offering this program to the UMaine Community.
- Advocate for faculty and staff employees to have access to including preferred names in username change processes.
- Create and promote policy and practice for gender-inclusive housing on the University of Maine Campus.
- Advocate for the delineation of sex and gender across all University of Maine platforms.
- Advocate for the inclusion of a preferred name and pronoun clause in all class syllabi.
- Create a condensed rendition of Safe Zone training for LGBTQ education for all incoming faculty, staff, and students.
- Create and promote a policy for gender-neutral bathrooms on the UMaine Campus in all new buildings and in existing buildings as renovations take place.
- Advocate for the completion and promotion of policy and procedure for utilizing preferred names on Maine Cards for students and employees.
Jane Pappas, Graduate Assistant LGBTQ Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ryan Michaud, Community Coordinator, Residence Life, email@example.com
Dr. Robert Q. Dana, Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Jessica Browne, Clinical Social Worker, Counseling Center
Sandra Caron, Program Coordinator, Human Development & Family Studies
George Criner, Associate Dean, College of NSFA
Kaitlin Crockett, Assistant Athletic Trainer, Athletics
Adrianna Del Amo, Fitness And Aquatics Coordinator, Campus Recreation
Silvestre Guzman, Director, Multicultural Student Life
Wayne Maines, Director, Safety and Environmental Management
Lauren Seganos Cohen, Director, Wilson Center
Lauri Sidelko, Director, Student Wellness
Chelsea Stanhope, Career Counselor, Career Center
Patti Tewhey, Assistant to Associate Dean, College of NSFA
Brianna Woodworth, Wellness Educator/ Athletic Trainer, Cutler Health Center
Interested in Joining?
Email one of the co-chairs listed above for more information.