To promote a safe and inclusive environment for our campus community through education, engagement, and advocacy.
- Recruit and train Safe Zones trainers to assist the Office of LGBTQ Services in offering this program to the UMaine Community.
- Advocate for faculty and staff employees to have access to including preferred names in username change processes.
- Create and promote policy and practice for gender-inclusive housing on the University of Maine Campus.
- Advocate for the delineation of sex and gender across all University of Maine platforms.
- Advocate for the inclusion of a preferred name and pronoun clause in all class syllabi.
- Create a condensed rendition of Safe Zone training for LGBTQ education for all incoming faculty, staff, and students.
- Create and promote a policy for gender-neutral bathrooms on the UMaine Campus in all new buildings and in existing buildings as renovations take place.
- Advocate for the completion and promotion of policy and procedure for utilizing preferred names on Maine Cards for students and employees.
Alyce Lew, Academic Advisor and Instructor
Katherine McCarthy, Graduate Assistant for the Office of Diversity and Inclusion
Dr. Robert Q. Dana, Vice President of Student Life and Diversity and Inclusive Excellence and Dean of Students
Adrianna Del Amo, Fitness And Aquatics Coordinator, Campus Recreation, firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Coleman, Office of Student Accessibility Services, email@example.com
Andrea Gifford, Associate Dean of Students, Student Life, firstname.lastname@example.org
Anila Karunakar, Director for Diversity & Inclusion, Student Life, email@example.com
Brian Berger, SEVIS Coordinator, International Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cam McDonnell, Community Coordinator, Residence Life, email@example.com
Casey Faulkingham, Community Response Team Leader, Partners for Peace, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ciarra Jaszay, Student Administrative Aide, Rainbow Resource Center, email@example.com
Heather Hogan, Deputy Title IX Coordinator, Center for Student Involvement, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessica Browne, Clinical Social Worker, Counseling Center, email@example.com
Joshua Stanhope, Assistant Director for Fraternity & Sorority Affairs, Center for Student Involvement, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joy Sinclair, Interactive Marketing Specialist, Auxiliary Services, email@example.com
Julie Eubanks, Academic Support Specialist, College of NSFA, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lauri Sidelko, Assistant Dean of Students & Director of Student Wellness, email@example.com
Mike Kirby, Manager of Digital Communications, Division of Marketing & Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Jackson, Staff Associate for Diversity & Inclusion, Student Life, email@example.com
Sally Clark, Administrative Support Supervisor, Auxiliary Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandra Caron, Program Coordinator, Human Development & Family Studies, email@example.com
Webb Parker, Assistant Professor of Music, School of Performing Arts, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in Joining?
Email a co-chairs listed above for more information.