To promote a safe and inclusive environment for our campus community through education, engagement, and advocacy.
- Recruit and train Safe Zones trainers to assist the Office of LGBTQ Services in offering this program to the UMaine Community.
- Advocate for faculty and staff employees to have access to including preferred names in username change processes.
- Create and promote policy and practice for gender-inclusive housing on the University of Maine Campus.
- Advocate for the delineation of sex and gender across all University of Maine platforms.
- Advocate for the inclusion of a preferred name and pronoun clause in all class syllabi.
- Create a condensed rendition of Safe Zone training for LGBTQ education for all incoming faculty, staff, and students.
- Create and promote a policy for gender-neutral bathrooms on the UMaine Campus in all new buildings and in existing buildings as renovations take place.
- Advocate for the completion and promotion of policy and procedure for utilizing preferred names on Maine Cards for students and employees.
Mollie Ruben, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Psychology, email@example.com
Dr. Robert Q. Dana, Vice President of Student Life and Diversity and Inclusive Excellence and Dean of Students
Adrianna Del Amo, Fitness And Aquatics Coordinator, Campus Recreation, firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Coleman, Office of Student Accessibility Services, email@example.com
Andrea Gifford, Associate Dean of Students, Student Life, firstname.lastname@example.org
Anila Karunakar, Director for Diversity & Inclusion, Student Life, email@example.com
Brian Berger, SEVIS Coordinator, International Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cam McDonnell, Community Coordinator, Residence Life, email@example.com
Casey Faulkingham, Community Response Team Leader, Partners for Peace, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ciarra Jaszay, Student Administrative Aide, Rainbow Resource Center, email@example.com
Heather Hogan, Deputy Title IX Coordinator, Center for Student Involvement, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessica Browne, Clinical Social Worker, Counseling Center, email@example.com
Joshua Stanhope, Assistant Director for Fraternity & Sorority Affairs, Center for Student Involvement, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joy Sinclair, Interactive Marketing Specialist, Auxiliary Services, email@example.com
Julie Eubanks, Academic Support Specialist, College of NSFA, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lauri Sidelko, Assistant Dean of Students & Director of Student Wellness, email@example.com
Mike Kirby, Manager of Digital Communications, Division of Marketing & Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Jackson, Staff Associate for Diversity & Inclusion, Student Life, email@example.com
Sally Clark, Administrative Support Supervisor, Auxiliary Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandra Caron, Program Coordinator, Human Development & Family Studies, email@example.com
Webb Parker, Assistant Professor of Music, School of Performing Arts, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in Joining?
Email a co-chairs listed above for more information.