Senate Committees - Program Creation and Reorganization Review Committee
The Program Creation and Reorganization Review Committee
is a standing committee of the University of Maine Faculty senate.
All documents are in Adobe PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.
- Policy and Procedures Manual (Approved by faculty senate vote of 11/19/08)
- PCRRC Appendix to Chapter 2 Fifteen Stage Process for Approval of New Academic Degree Programs (Approved by PCRRC on 1/15/10)
For posting of materials on this page, please forward them to:
Brian Robinson, Chair of the PCRRC - Brian_Robinson at umit.maine.edu
Proposals Under Consideration 2013/2014
I. Academic Degree Program Eliminations: Continued from 2012/2013
- B.S. in Aquaculture
- Aquaculture open meeting held March 28 2014, see recording under Forest Ecosystem Science
- B.S. in Forest Ecosystem Science
- Forest Ecosystem Science open meeting held March 28, 2014
- B.S. in Wood Science and Technology
- Wood Science open meeting held March 28 2014, see recording under Forest Ecosystem Science
- B.A. in German
- B.A. in Latin
- Open meeting BA in Latin, see audio tape under BA in German
- Master of Music in Conducting
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- BA in Public Management
II. Academic Degree Program Suspensions
- none proposed to date (several program suspensions from a previous year yet need to be acted upon and resolved – within three years of the suspension)
III. New Academic Degree Program Proposals
Stage 8 – Full Proposals
MS in Spatial Informatics
- The Motion to Recommend Creation of the MS in Bioinformatics (Phase 2) was approved by Full Senate on 14 November 14, 2012.
- The Full Proposal for MS in Spatial Informatics was submitted on March 11, 2014
- Open meeting for Spatial Informatics held March 28, 2014
IV. Unit Creation Proposals (non-degree)
- Proposal for the Institute for Leadership and Democracy:
Proposal (Posted 10/9/13)
- Proposal Withdrawn for the Institute for Leadership and Democracy (December 9, 2013)
V. Unit Reorganization Proposals
COEHD proposal to create three new departments within the college.
Motion: Unit Reorganization Proposal of the College of Education and Human Development (COEHD) to create three new departments within the college.
COEHD does not have departments. Three new departments are proposed, including A) Exercise Science and STEM Education; B) Teacher and Counselor Education; and C): Educational Leadership, Higher Education and Human Development. The COEHD proposal was posted on the PCRRC website on August 21, and the open meeting was held on October 4, 2013, attended by Dean Nichols and seven faculty including the new chairs, and four PCRRC committee members. Everyone at the meeting was in favor of the new departmental organization. Concern was raised regarding departmental names to assure that the disciplines are clear to students. It was agreed that naming and content of the departments was an ongoing project, but that the number of departments and their makeup took into consideration existing programs and faculty. The PCRRC committee voted to recommend that the Faculty Senate support the full proposal for the creation of new departments in the College of Education and Human Development
Motion passed by Full Senate on October 16, 2013