Graduate Program Learning Outcomes
Graduate students will:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and observational skills necessary to define problems, design study plans and critically evaluate data.
- Successfully apply quantitative tools to fish, wildlife, and the ecosystems they inhabit.
- Develop effective written and oral communication skills through diverse experiential learning opportunities.
- Critically evaluate the importance of fact-based information by participating in the peer review process and incorporating research into management decisions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the human overshoot of planetary carrying capacity regarding changing environmental conditions and social justice.
- Apply ethical principles in their work with people, animals and the environment.