Drop/ Withdrawal/ Refund Policy
Be sure to consider both the academic and the financial consequences of dropping your Winter Session course.
- Students have through the end of the first day of Winter Session (12/27/19) to add a Winter Session course without instructor permission.
Academic deadlines for dropping a Winter Session courses will follow the following timeline:
- If dropped on or before 12/29/2019, this class will not appear on your transcript.
- If dropped after 12/29/2019, but on or before 01/10/2020, this class will appear on your transcript and a grade of W will be assigned.
- If dropped after 01/10/2020, this class will appear on your transcript and a grade of F will be assigned.
- The withdrawal/refund policy for Winter Session will follow standard policies for 3-week courses.
- Students have three days to drop the course and receive a full refund (course must be dropped on or before 12/29/2019). After that, no refunds will be issued except upon successful appeal.
*Students who cease attendance, in any or all of their classes, without providing official notification are not entitled to a refund. If a student ceases attendance for emergency reasons, the University will accept a written appeal. Normally, appeals will be considered up to 90 days after the close of the term for which the student is requesting a financial adjustment.
Refund Appeal forms:
Retroactive appeal, Medical Reasons:
Submit forms to: Lisa Hastings, email@example.com, 207.581.3169.
Please contact the Bursar’s Office for additional Information.