What is the General Student Senate?
The UMSG General Student Senate meets every Tuesday of the academic year at 6:00 PM in the Bangor Room of the Memorial Union. Senators and Executives gather to hear reports from Senate Committee Chairs, Representative Boards, Community Associations, clubs, faculty members, and many more. Senators debate and vote on club recognition and funding as well as resolutions that effect the entire student body.
If you have questions or concerns about your experience at UMaine GSS can be a valuable resource or venue for discussion of the issues that effect you and your student community.
Who are we?
The Senate is composed of 35 undergraduates of all ages, backgrounds, and affiliations. Being a UMSG Senator opens opportunities across campus and exposes you to everything UMaine has to offer.
Spring 2018 Senators
(Last Updated: February 15, 2018)
2. Bentley Simpson (email@example.com)
3. Jacob Bradshaw (firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. Thomas Ling (email@example.com)
5. Erin Daugherty (firstname.lastname@example.org)
6. Zhiwei Liu (Zhiwei.Liu@maine.edu)
7. Trevor Lessard (email@example.com)
8. Theresa Hammes (firstname.lastname@example.org)
9. Brian Silva (email@example.com)
10.Harrison Ransley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
11. Linh Phan (email@example.com)
12. Chase Flaherty (firstname.lastname@example.org)
13. John O’Donoghue (email@example.com)
A Senator’s Mission
UMSG Senators operate to ensure UMaine students and their interested are well represented by their Student Government and their University as a whole. A Senator has a strong voice in decisions on important UMaine legislation, as well as the power to contribute to other internal functions, including but not limited to: funds allocation to student organizations, as well as support and promotion of campus events.
Who Can be a Senator?
What a Senator Does
- Attends weekly Student Senate Meetings in the Memorial Union
- Has an honest, genuine commitment to UMSG
- Openly voices their opinion in order to support their convictions