- examine the concepts of discrimination, racism, privilege, prejudice, and stereotyping;
- assess their perceptions about themselves and others with regard to differences;
- explore the importance of diversity and inclusivity on campus and how they enhance the environment;
- assist in developing and enhancing student, faculty, and staff awareness of racial, ethnic and cultural issues in higher education;
- be a part of a growing alumni/alumnae group (alums) that is a catalyst for influencing campus decision-making and goal setting.
For more information, please contact Theresa McMannus, email@example.com, 207.581.4095, or Barbara Cochran,
University of Maine Diversity Leadership Institute, a part of UMaine’s Division of Lifelong Learning, stands against racism. Please click here to read a statement addressing this important issue.