2023 RiSE Center Conference
Integrating Research and Practice:
Engaging Students with Authentic Research and Problem Solving in STEM
June 26–27, 2023, at Wells Conference Center, University of Maine, Orono
Conference Host: Maine Center for Research in STEM Education
Conference Patron: Maine-eDNA
This two-day conference brings together researchers and PreK-16+ educators to share research findings and explore new technologies, theories, approaches and challenges to teaching and learning in the STEM disciplines: science, technology, mathematics and engineering.
Registration is closed.
A TIMEly CURE for the “leaky STEM pipeline”
Dr. Jennifer Page, Maine Department of Education Office of Innovation
Project Manager, Maine Online Open-Source Education (MOOSE)
Monday, June 26
- 8:30–9:30 a.m. Check-In and Coffee/Tea
- 9:30–10:30 a.m. Conference Welcome and Keynote 1
- 10:30–10:45 p.m. Break and Snacks
- 10:45 a.m.–12:15 p.m. Session A: Workshops
- 12:15–1:15 p.m. Lunch
- 1:15–1:45 p.m. Session B: Talks
- 1:50–2:20 p.m. Session C: Talks
- 2:20–2:35 p.m. Break and Snacks
- 2:35–4:05 p.m. Session D: Workshops
- 4:05–5:00 p.m. Poster Session with Appetizers and Cash Bar
Tuesday, June 27
- 7:30–8:30 a.m. Breakfast
- 8:30–8:50 a.m. Welcome
- 8:55-9:25 a.m. Session E: Talks
- 9:30–10:00 a.m. Session F: Talks
- 10:00–10:15 a.m. Break and Snacks
- 10:15–11:45 a.m. Session G: Workshops
- 11:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m. Lunch
- 12:45–1:30 p.m. Keynote 2
- 1:30–1:45 p.m. Break and Snacks
- 1:45–3:15 p.m. Session H: Workshops
- 3:15–3:30 p.m. Wrap-Up and Evaluation
Conference cost: $600 (standard registration + lodging):
- $450 registration fee ($150 for UMaine faculty/staff, $75 for UMaine MST/STEM Ed PhD students)
- $150 lodging fee (Monday night lodging in a local hotel)
- Registration is open through June 5.
- If your school or district has agreed to pay for this professional learning opportunity, you can select “Invoice (Enter School or District Billing Info)” at checkout.
- Participating Maine STEM-discipline teachers will receive a stipend of $288 and 11.5 contact hours.
To request a reasonable accessibility accommodation to participate, please see our request form or contact the RiSE Center: firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-581-4672.