Dear UMaine Residential Students and Families,
We hope that your winter break is relaxing and filled with time spent with friends and family making wonderful memories. As you prepare to return to campus, please keep the following in mind:
- Students will be assigned move-in times between 8:00am – 12:00pm from January 19, 2020 thru January 22, 2020. Your specific move-in date and time can be found on the housing portal. If you have an extenuating circumstance preventing your return on your assigned date and time, email email@example.com and we will review your request.
- Upon your arrival to campus, you will go to the Alfond Arena to take a COVID-19 test BEFORE checking in to your residence hall.
- Use this campus map to find the Alfond Arena and look for signs up all over campus during the return dates directing you to the Alfond Arena.
- Fill out a HIPAA Form or Authorization to Disclose Health Information prior to testing, if you have not done so already. You can find the guide for filling out the HIPAA Form here and the guide for filling out the Authorization to Disclose Health Information here.
- Students who provide proof of a negative COVID PCR or antigen test administered within the 72 hours prior to arrival on campus are exempt from the initial testing on arrival.
- Students who choose to test prior to arriving to campus will need to bring their results, in hardcopy, to the testing site to be submitted to the campus testing staff PRIOR to checking in to their residence hall.
- Similar to the testing done for the fall semester, students will be required to quarantine until the results of their test are known. A refresher of what our expectations are for quarantine can be found on the What Does Quarantine Mean FAQ Sheet.
- Remember to bring, and wear, appropriate face coverings for the spring semester. The Face Covering Guide provides information about what face coverings are acceptable for the UMaine campus.
We in Residence Life are looking forward to welcoming you back and continuing the success we had as a community from the fall into the spring!
The Department of Residence Life at the University of Maine