The University of Maine’s U.S. Postal Service Substation
The UMaine Package & Postal Center located in the Memorial Union, is operated by the UMaine Printing and Mailing Services. It provides package pickup, mailing and shipping services for students, faculty, staff and guests.
From the exterior, you can enter from the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr & Coretta Scott King Memorial Plaza and head toward the entrance that has a curved brick wall on the left side. Once you enter, take a left at the Memorial Union map on the wall and the Package & Postal Center will be down the hall to your left at Room 151.
U.S. Postal Service mail information
- Mail letters and packages
- Send U.S., Express (2-day), Priority (1- to 3-day), International and interoffice mail
- Purchase envelopes, stamps and money orders
- Pick up Priority Mail boxes (pay priority shipping costs)
- Deposit letters in the after-hours drop slot
Mail is picked up at approximately 2 p.m. Monday—Friday. Mail is not sent on weekends, holidays or when the university is closed due to inclement weather.
- The Package & Postal Center accepts cash or check as methods of payment
- ATMs are located on this floor at the UCU substation as well as near the University Bookstore
Resident package pickup and mail delivery
Please wait for an email notification from firstname.lastname@example.org. before coming to pick up your package. Make sure you add that address to your contacts!
- U.S. Postal Service mail requiring a signature or that is too large for a residence hall mailbox
- Pick up FedEx, UPS and DHL deliveries*
- Other deliveries, such as flowers and balloons
Package and parcel delivery information
- For additional security, packages and large pieces of mail are held for student pick up at The Package & Postal Center
- Wait until email notification from The Package & Postal Center before picking up a package
- Bring a valid form of photo identification (MaineCard or driver’s license)
*UPS and FedEx Drop Locations
The campus drop location for FedEx (other than Ground) and UPS is outside the New Balance Field House, behind the bear statue. FedEx Ground must be notified and given a pick up location. You can also drop off these packages for FedEx and UPS at Printing and Mailing Services in the Keyo building Monday—Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
NOTICE REGARDING STUDENT PACKAGE PICKUP NOTIFICATION
Resident students should wait to receive the pickup notification email sent directly from The Package & Postal Center to get their package. Students may receive an email notification from their vendor (Amazon or other retailer) or shipper (UPS, FedEx or USPS) that their package has been delivered. It may have been delivered to our campus, but it may still be in transit across campus or being processed by The Package & Postal Center staff which will take additional time, so please wait for your notification email from The Package & Postal Center to your maine.edu account. Thanks for you patience and cooperation!