The University of Maine’s U.S. Postal Service Substation
The UMaine Package & Postal Center can be found in the University Bookstore, located in the Memorial Union. Operated by the UMaine Printing and Mailing Services, it provides package pickup, mailing, and shipping services for students, faculty, staff, and guests.
- Attention: Do not address mail for residents to University Bookstore or Package & Postal Center. It will not be delivered. Letter mail and packages addressed to University Bookstore or Package & Postal Center may be returned to sender and not delivered to students.
- Ordering from Amazon? Use the two convenient Amazon Lockers — Vidal and Jak — for your order.
Important: Recent Postage Delays
Please send any urgent or time-sensitive mail be sent via Priority Mail Express. This mail is separated from all other mail and processed immediately (e.g. medications, passports, important documents).
U.S. Postal Service mail information
- Mail letters and packages
- Send U.S., Express (2-day), Priority (1- to 3-day), International and interoffice mail
- Purchase envelopes, stamps and money orders
- Pick up Priority Mail boxes (pay priority shipping costs)
- Deposit letters in the after-hours drop slot
Mail is picked up at approximately 2 p.m. Monday—Friday. Mail is not sent on weekends, holidays or when the university is closed due to inclement weather.
- The Package & Postal Center accepts cash or check as methods of payment
- ATMs are located on this floor at the UCU substation as well as near the University Bookstore
Resident package pickup and mail delivery
Please wait for an email notification from firstname.lastname@example.org. before coming to pick up your package. Make sure you add that address to your contacts!
- U.S. Postal Service mail requiring a signature or that is too large for a residence hall mailbox
- Pick up FedEx, UPS and DHL deliveries*
- Other deliveries, such as flowers and balloons
*UPS and FedEx drop locations
The campus drop location for FedEx (other than Ground) and UPS is outside the New Balance Field House, behind the bear statue. FedEx Ground must be notified and given a pick up location. You can also drop off these packages for FedEx and UPS at Printing and Mailing Services in the Keyo building Monday—Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.