Senthil Vel: Teaching Activities and Profile Summaries
- MEE 450 Mechanics of Composite Materials
- MEE 455 Advanced Strength of Materials
- MEE 456 Introduction to the Finite Element Method
- MEE 550 Mechanics of Laminated Composite Structures
- MEE 554 Theory of Elasticity
Teaching Honors and Awards:
- 2018 Presidential Outstanding Teaching Award, University of Maine.
- Faculty Excellence Award, University of Maine Alumni Association, January 2018.
- Distinguished Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching, Sigma Phi Epsilon, 2017.
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2016.
- Ashley S. Campbell Award, College of Engineering, University of Maine, 2015.
- Professor of the Year, Sigma Phi Epsilon, University of Maine, 2006.
- Award for Outstanding Accomplishments in Teaching by Young Faculty, College of Engineering, University of Maine, October 2003.
- Dean’s list of outstanding instructors for 1999-2000, College of Engineering, Virginia Tech.