James Sucec, M.S., P.E.
Professor Emeritus of Mechanical Engineering
The University of Maine
5711 Boardman Hall, Room 202
Orono, Maine 04469-5711
(207) 581-2124; email@example.com
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering
University of Connecticut, 1963
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering
University of Connecticut, 1962
Analytical/numerical methods in transient, conjugated forced convection and steady turbulent boundary layer heat transfer.
Professor Sucec is in the thermal sciences area and teaches heat transfer, thermodynamics and fluid flow at the undergraduate level as well as courses in conduction and forced convection heat transfer at the graduate level. His current research interests include analytical and numerical work in heat transfer across turbulent boundary layers and in transient, conjugated, forced convection heat transfer. The focus of present research is in transpired turbulent flow and heat transfer.
- MEE 230 Thermodynamics I
- MEE 231 Thermodynamics II
- MEE 432 Heat Transfer
- MEE 536 Advanced Heat Transfer I
- MEE 638 Advanced Heat Transfer II
- Sucec, J., “A Relatively Simple Integral Method for Turbulent Flow over Rough Surfaces,” ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 139, pp 121204-1 to 121204-12, 2017.
- Sucec, J., “An Integral Solution for Skin Friction in Turbulent Flow over Aerodynamically Rough Surfaces with an Arbitrary Pressure Gradient,” ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering. Vol. 136, pp. 081103-1 to 081103-8, 2014.
- Sucec, J., “An Integral Solution for Heat Transfer in Accelerating Turbulent Boundary Layers,” ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 131, pp 111702-1 to 111702-6, Nov. 2009.
- Sucec, J., “Modern Integral Method Calculation of Turbulent Boundary Layers,” Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 552-557, 2006.
- Sucec, J. “Calculation of Turbulent Boundary Layers using Equilibrium Thermal Wakes,” ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 127, No. 2, pp. 159-164, 2005.