Zhihe Jin: Research Activities and Profile Summaries
(A) Fracture Mechanics
- T. Sun and Z.-H. Jin, 2012, Fracture Mechanics, Academic Press. 311 pp.
- -H. Jin, K. Tohgo, T. Fujii, and Y. Shimamura, 2017, Double edge thermal crack problem for an interpenetrating phase composite: Application of a matricity-based thermal conductivity model, Engineering Fracture Mechanics Vol. 177,167-179.
- -H. Jin and C. T. Sun, 2015, A Yoffe crack/cohesive zone model for a steady state moving crack, Mechanics Research Communications, Vol. 71, 44-47.
- T. Sun and Z.-H. Jin, 2006, Modeling of composite fracture using cohesive zone and bridging models, Composite Science and Technology, Vol. 66, pp. 1297-1302.
- -H. Jin and C. T. Sun, 2006, A comparison between classical fracture mechanics and cohesive zone approach based on the near tip stress field, International Journal of Solids and Structures, Vol. 43, pp. 1047-1060.
- -H. Jin and C. T. Sun, 2005, Cohesive zone modeling of interface fracture in elastic bimaterials, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 72, pp. 1805-1817.
- -H. Jin and N. Noda, 1994, Crack-tip singular fields in nonhomogeneous materials, ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 61, pp. 738-740.
(B) Fracture of Functionally Graded Materials
- -H. Jin, 2003, Fracture Mechanics of Functionally Graded Materials, in Advances in Mechanics and Mathematics: Vol. II (AMMA Series, Vol. 4), Edited by D. Y. Gao and R. W. Ogden, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, pp. 1-108.
- Z. Feng and Z.-H. Jin, 2012, Thermal shock damage and residual strength behavior of a functionally graded plate with surface cracks of alternating lengths, Journal of Thermal Stresses, Vol. 35, 30-47.
- -H. Jin and R. H. Dodds, Jr., 2004, Crack growth resistance behavior of a functionally graded material: computational studies, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 71, pp. 1651-1672.
- -H. Jin and G.H. Paulino, 2001, Transient thermal stress analysis of an edge crack in a functionally graded material, International Journal of Fracture, Vol. 107, pp. 73-98.
- -H. Jin and R. C. Batra, 1996, Stress intensity relaxation at the tip of an edge crack in a functionally graded material subjected to a thermal shock, Journal of Thermal Stresses, Vol. 19, pp. 317-339.
- -H. Jin and R. C. Batra, 1996, Some basic fracture mechanics concepts in functionally graded materials, Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Vol. 44, pp. 1221-1235.
- Noda and Z.-H. Jin, 1993, Thermal stress intensity factors for a crack in a strip of a functionally gradient material, International Journal of Solids and Structures, Vol.30, pp. 1039-1056.
(C) Fracture of Geomaterials
- -H. Jin, S. E. Johnson and A. E. Cook, 2015, Crack extension induced by dissociation of fracture-hosted methane gas hydrate, Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 42, 8522-8529.
- Q. Fan, Z.-H. Jin and S. E. Johnson, 2012, Modeling petroleum migration through microcrack propagation in transversely isotropic source rocks, Geophysical Journal International, Vol. 190, 179-187.
- Chen, Z.-H. Jin and S. E. Johnson, 2011, Transient dike propagation and arrest near the level of neutral buoyancy, Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research, Vol. 203, 81-86.
- -H. Jin, S. E. Johnson and Z. Q. Fan, 2010, Subcritical propagation and coalescence of oil-filled cracks: getting the oil out of low-permeability source rocks, Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 37, Article No. L01305.
- -H. Jin and S. E. Johnson, 2008, Primary oil migration through buoyancy–driven multiple fracture propagation: oil velocity and flux, Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 35, Article No. L09303.
- -H. Jin and S. E. Johnson, 2008, Magma-driven multiple dike propagation and fracture toughness of crustal rocks, Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol. 113, Article No. B03206.
- Chen and Z.-H. Jin, 2006, Magma-driven subcritical crack growth and implications for dike initiation from a magma chamber, Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 33, Article No. L19307.
(D) Thermoelectric Materials
- T. Wallace, Z.-H. Jin and J. Su, 2016, Efficiency of a sandwiched thermoelectric material with a graded interlayer and temperature-dependent properties, Journal of Electronic Materials, Vol. 45, 2142-2149.
- -H. Jin and T. T. Wallace, 2015, Functionally graded thermoelectric materials with arbitrary property gradations: a one-dimensional semi-analytical study, Journal of Electronic Materials, Vol. 44, 1444-1449.
- -H. Jin, T. T. Wallace, R. J. Lad, S. Ji, 2014, Energy conversion efficiency of an exponentially graded thermoelectric material, Journal of Electronic Materials, Vol. 43, 308-313.
- -H. Jin, 2014, Thermal stresses in a multilayered thin film thermoelectric structure, Microelectronics Reliability, Vol. 54, 1363-1368.
- -H. Jin, 2013, Buckling of thin film thermoelectrics, International Journal of Fracture, Vol. 180, 129-136.