Donald A. Grant, Ph.D., P.E.
Professor and Chair Emeritus of Mechanical Engineering
The University of Maine
223 Boardman Hall
Orono, Maine 04469-5711
(207) 581-2139; email@example.com
Years of Service on the ME Faculty:
1956 – 2017; currently in 61st year
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics
University of Rhode Island, 1969
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering
University of Maine, 1963
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering
University of Maine, 1956
Vibration analyses of systems, structural design and analysis, mechanical testing of weldments.
Dr. Grant was the Richard C. Hill Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Chair of the Department of Mechanical Engineering since 1989 and has been with the University of Maine since 1956. His teaching interests are in the areas of solid mechanics and vibrations. He typically teaches courses in statics, dynamics, strength of materials and vibrations at the undergraduate level, and advanced vibrations and mechanical engineering analysis at the graduate level. Professor Grant’s research interests are in the areas of mechanical vibrations of continuous systems with time-dependent boundary conditions. He was the 1976 recipient of the Distinguished Maine Professor Award, and the 1989 recipient of the Ashley S. Campbell Award. Our Department is extremely fortunate to have Professor Grant continue his academic involvement with the department.
- MEE 270 Applied Mechanics: Dynamics
- MEE 471 Mechanical Vibrations
- MEE 573 Advanced Vibrations I
- MEE 574 Advanced Vibrations II
- MEE 644 Mechanical Engineering Analysis I