Semester by the Sea program curriculum
Semester By the Sea is a residential program offered at the Darling Marine Center in Fall semesters. Students typically choose 12-15 credits from the available courses. All students must enroll in SMS 350 – Undergraduate Seminar. Students who choose to complete their capstone research or conduct independent research at Semester by the Sea should contact a faculty adviser before registering.
- SMS 350 – Undergraduate Seminar Credits: 1
- SMS 352 – Marine Ecology Credits: 4
- SMS 480 – Biology of Marine Invertebrates Credits: 4
- SMS 324 – Introduction to Research Diving Credits: 3
- SMS 483 – Ecology of Zooplankton and Ichthyoplankton Credits: 3
- SMS 484 – Estuarine Oceanography Credits: 4
- SMS 491- Problems in Marine Science: Microbial Ecology Credits: 4
Capstone and Independent Study Courses
- SMS 400 – Capstone Research Experience in Marine Science Credits: 2
- SMS 497 – Independent Study in Marine Science Credits: 1
For the current details of each class, please visit the Darling Marine Center’s SBS Course Descriptions.