Microsoft Office365 at the University of Maine System
All University of Maine System Microsoft Office365 accounts now use your @maine.edu address to sign in.
- The University of Maine System has an agreement with Microsoft that allows all students, faculty, and staff the personal use of certain Microsoft Office products.
- The full MS Office package can be downloaded for Windows or Mac OS X on up to 5 personally owned devices.
- You can also access Microsoft’s online, collaborative version of Office on any computer with an internet connection.
Please use the following instructions for both University-owned and personal devices
Download Microsoft Office365 applications for you Laptops or Desktops. (Tablet installs may vary)
1. While signed in, located on the Office 365 page, select “Start” and then “Install now”
- There will be an option to save a file (filename ends with “.exe” for Windows,“.dmg” for Mac).
- Locate the saved file in the downloads area of the browser, run the file and follow the prompts.
- The screen titled “First things first” offers two options. Select “No Thanks” for both.
Need additional Assistance?
Visit the UMaine IT Support Center at Fogler Library or 17 Shibles Hall or call us at 207.581.2506