J-1 Scholar Travel Signature

The most efficient way to get a travel signature is to ask your faculty host to complete the Dept approval for Travel Signature. During the pandemic, this form can be submitted as an attachment and sent to umaineimmigration@maine.edu. Then a new DS-2019 will be issued and signed for travel and OIP will contact you to arrange to mail it or for you to pick it up.

Travel signatures are good for up to 12 months and can be used more than once, if you will travel outside the US more than once during your stay.