Last updated on October 4, 2021
COVID-related Resources for the University of Maine Graduate Community
Latest COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidance
- Face coverings are required indoors for all persons – students, staff, faculty and visitors – regardless of vaccination status when indoors at a University facility. This has been extended to be effective through October 31, 2021. This requirement may be ended or further extended depending on civil guidance, the trajectory of the pandemic, and public health considerations. The University of Maine System carefully monitors public health guidance and data and will update its requirements, including this face covering requirement, as warranted. This face covering requirement specifically will be reviewed by October 31, 2021. Continuation or easing of this protocol is possible depending on circumstances. Further information is available on the UMS Together for Maine page.
- Any student who is participating in any on-campus experience and is not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine that is either fully approved by the FDA, approved under the FDA emergency use authorization, or approved by the World Health Organization (WHO), will be required to adhere to public safety protocols to include masking, regular asymptomatic testing (may include multiple tests per week), and as applicable, quarantine and isolation consistent with University standards.
- Exemptions for students in the following groups:
- Documented medical contraindication
- Sincerely held religious belief
- Remote only learning
These requirements may be revisited as the COVID-19 pandemic develops, and as public health best practices change or emerge; and based on current law.
External Agency Testing Information
As a courtesy, below you will find additional information from local healthcare providers on how to schedule a COVID-19 test. Students choosing to be tested by an external healthcare provider must email the results to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northern Light Health
895 Union Street, Bangor
NLH COVID-19 drive-thru testing:
Penobscot Community Health Care
242 Brunswick Street, Old Town
Call ahead: 207.404.8100 | Option #5
PCHC COVID-19 testing information:
543 Broadway, Bangor
Phone: 833.263.0131 or sign up online:
Connect With Us
The Graduate School’s lobby is open to visitors on a limited schedule:
9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Staying Healthy Together
If you or people you know in the University of Maine community have concerns about COVID-19 symptoms, close contact, or a positive test: