Welcome to the School of Food & Agriculture
The School of Food and Agriculture is a dynamic learning community and a state-wide resource. Our School offers B.S. degrees in animal and veterinary sciences, environmental horticulture, food science and human nutrition, and sustainable agriculture. We also offer, and participate in, a range of graduate programs at the certificate, M.S. and Ph.D. levels.
Our faculty work locally, nationally, and world-wide from Maine to Europe to South America to Asia. Our students come from our state and from across the globe. Our research and academic programs focus on the sustainable production of plants and animals, on nutritious diets that promote human health and well-being, and on safety and production issues important to food and agriculturally-related businesses.
Reflecting the land grant mission, our programs support Maine’s agricultural community and strengthen Maine’s economy, while promoting human, animal and plant health, and ecosystem sustainability. It is an exciting time to be involved in food and agriculture issues! Explore our website and visit our campus. You will meet friendly, approachable, and interesting faculty and staff eager to answer your questions and get to know you.
News and Announcements
- Times Record promotes Dumas event at Lincoln Theater
- Maine cattlemen’s college features forage nutrition, pasture health
- Bloomberg notes role of UMaine food scientists in Mumbai to Maine development
- Calderwood speaks to News Center Maine about wild blueberry irrigation
- Yarborough speaks to Ellsworth American about drought shrinking blueberry crop
- Camire speaks to Washington Post about organic food
- Calderwood featured on Maine Calling
- Media report on UMaine student winning gardening scholarship
- Maine Calling features Bolton as VIP caller
- Klimis-Zacas co-edits new book