Welcome to the School of Food & Agriculture
The School of Food and Agriculture is a dynamic learning community and a state-wide resource. Our School offers B.S. degrees in animal and veterinary sciences, environmental horticulture, food science and human nutrition, and sustainable agriculture. We also offer, and participate in, a range of graduate programs at the certificate, M.S. and Ph.D. levels.
Our faculty work locally, nationally, and world-wide from Maine to Europe to South America to Asia. Our students come from our state and from across the globe. Our research and academic programs focus on the sustainable production of plants and animals, on nutritious diets that promote human health and well-being, and on safety and production issues important to food and agriculturally-related businesses.
Reflecting the land grant mission, our programs support Maine’s agricultural community and strengthen Maine’s economy, while promoting human, animal and plant health, and ecosystem sustainability. It is an exciting time to be involved in food and agriculture issues! Explore our website and visit our campus. You will meet friendly, approachable, and interesting faculty and staff eager to answer your questions and get to know you.
News and Announcements
- Maine Calling features Bolton as VIP caller
- Klimis-Zacas co-edits new book
- Fernandez featured on Maine Public discussing carbon sequestration
- Boston Globe reports on Climate Adaptation Fellowship
- Camire interviewed by CNN about eating seaweed
- Media acknowledges UMaine soil scientist Schattman at congressional subcommittee
- University of Maine researcher to testify Tuesday at Congressional hearing on supporting sustainable agriculture
- Morning Ag Clips reports on Porter Honorary Life Membership from Potato Association of America
- Porter awarded Honorary Life Membership by the Potato Association of America
- Wyman’s gift to establish first-of-its-kind wild blueberry research field at UMaine