Welcome to the School of Food & Agriculture
The School of Food and Agriculture is a dynamic learning community and a state-wide resource. Our School offers B.S. degrees in animal and veterinary sciences, environmental horticulture, food science and human nutrition, and sustainable agriculture. We also offer, and participate in, a range of graduate programs at the certificate, M.S. and Ph.D. levels.
Our faculty work locally, nationally, and world-wide from Maine to Europe to South America to Asia. Our students come from our state and from across the globe. Our research and academic programs focus on the sustainable production of plants and animals, on nutritious diets that promote human health and well-being, and on safety and production issues important to food and agriculturally-related businesses.
Reflecting the land grant mission, our programs support Maine’s agricultural community and strengthen Maine’s economy, while promoting human, animal and plant health, and ecosystem sustainability. It is an exciting time to be involved in food and agriculture issues! Explore our website and visit our campus. You will meet friendly, approachable, and interesting faculty and staff eager to answer your questions and get to know you.
News and Announcements
- Ortiz research on 3D printing weeds featured in PenBay Pilot, Morning Ag Clips
- BDN features UMaine Aroostook Farm potato research
- WFVX and WABI report on culinary arts cookoff
- The Climate Daily podcast features UMaine research about potatoes
- Great Lakes Echo cites UMaine research about blueberries and climate change
- Media boosts Extension farm-to-table workshop
- Moran interviewed by News Center Maine about peaches
- Porter, Schattman interviewed for BDN and Climate Central about warming weather and Maine’s potato boom
- DairyProducer.com reports on UMaine team ranking third in 2022 North American Intercollegiate Dairy Challenge
- College of Natural Sciences, Forestry, and Agriculture announces outstanding students, faculty and staff