We would be honored to host you and others from your institution this fall in Portland and encourage you to inform others about this opportunity. Registration opens Monday, May 2, 2022. There are participant support opportunities outlined below. Please reach out to the Maine EPSCoR office if you have any questions.
- Early Bird Registration (May 2 – June 30): $365
- Regular Registration (July 1 – Nov. 6): $380
Workshops and Meetings
- Community Science Workshop: $65
- Cyberinfrastructure Workshop: No Fee (This event has been underwritten, all fees are waived)
- PD/PA/EOD Meetings: $100
Two types of NSF EPSCoR National Conference participants can receive reimbursement for allowable travel expenses:
Designated participants are selected by their state’s/territory’s EPSCoR office to receive travel reimbursement.
- Travel support will be provided for up to five people per jurisdiction, to facilitate attendance of underrepresented faculty, graduate students, government officials, university administrators and state committee members. Jurisdictions will designate five individuals to receive this support by name.
Invited participants are invited by conference organizers to contribute plenary sessions at the conference.
- Only participants who receive an invitation from conference organizers to take part in the plenary program are eligible for travel reimbursement as “invited participants.”
Featured speakers will receive direct communications regarding travel support. Please contact the Chris Spindler in the Maine EPSCoR Office at EPSCoR22@maine.edu or 207.581.3312 for featured speaker travel support.
Allowable Expenses and Amounts
For both invited and designated participants, travel support covers up to $2,000 per person in expenses for the following:
- Airfare – Coach airfare only on a U.S. flag air carrier
- Those using points/miles to upgrade will need to provide an explanation and documentation showing that they paid coach airfare.
- Baggage fees – Charge for one checked bag
- Lodging – Up to $117 per night before taxes for up to three nights (Nov. 13-16)
- Those using points to upgrade will need to provide an explanation and documentation showing that they paid $117 or less per night before taxes. (See travel information.)
- Parking – Airport parking, hotel parking, etc.
- Ground transportation (including reasonable tips/gratuities) – Taxis, Uber, Lyft, etc.
- Mileage – To and from the airport or for travel to and from the conference site by car.
- Those driving to the conference instead of flying must submit a cost comparison between mileage and airfare, and the reimbursement will be for the lesser amount.
- Per diem and incidentals are not covered.
Travel Authorization and Reimbursement Procedures
Please consult the Group Invoicing Procedures for Participant Travel in addition to the information below.
Designated and invited participant support will be provided by way of reimbursement to individuals after the conference has concluded. Original receipts are required.
To request reimbursement of allowable travel expenses as a designated participant or invited participant, there are steps you must take before making travel arrangements (travel authorization), and steps you must take after the conference is over (travel reimbursement).
It is essential to complete each step in the travel authorization and travel reimbursement processes timely and in the correct order to ensure eligibility for reimbursement. Missed, mis-sequenced or late steps in either process can result in loss of eligibility. If you have any questions about these processes, we strongly encourage you to contact Chris Spindler at EPSCoR22@maine.edu or 207.581.3312.
Travel Authorization Process
Before making travel arrangements for the conference, complete the following steps.
- Complete the Participant Travel Authorization Form (click to download) and the Designated Participants Form (click to download). Participants may refer to the Sample Travel Authorization Form (click to download) for guidance as needed.
- Submit both completed forms to Chris Spindler at EPSCoR22@maine.edu. Participants with questions may also call Chris at 207.581.3312.
- Wait to receive a confirmation email from conference organizers, approving the travel authorization. Travel authorization forms will be processed as quickly as possible, in the order in which they are received.
- Make travel arrangements for the conference. Please do not make any travel arrangements until the confirmation email arrives.
Travel Reimbursement Process
Retain all receipts for the allowable expenses listed above. These receipts will be required for reimbursement. After the conference, complete the following steps.
- Complete the Individual Travel Reimbursement Form or the Group Travel Reimbursement Form (click to download). Participants may refer to the Sample Travel Reimbursement Form (click to download) for guidance as needed.
- Within seven business days after the conference concludes, submit the completed, signed reimbursement form along with all original receipts. Travel reimbursement materials should be mailed to conference organizers at the physical address below.
- Once all travel expenses and receipts are approved, a reimbursement check will be mailed to the address listed on the participant travel reimbursement form.
Submit travel reimbursement materials to:
Attn: Ciera Downing
5717 Corbett Hall, Room 444
Orono, ME 04469
Participants with questions about participant travel support should contact the Maine EPSCoR Office at EPSCoR22@maine.edu or 207.581.3312.