Muralee Das, Ph.D.
Dr. Muralee Das has held various leadership roles in the international sports industry. His last post was Assistant General Secretary and Director of Human Resources/Services for the Asian Football Confederation, part of FIFA. These experiences motivated him to complete a Ph.D. in Management at the Melbourne Business School of the University of Melbourne, Australia. There he researched leadership and firms’ processes that deliver dual value (financial and social).
All three studies from his doctoral research was accepted for presentation at the Academy of Management’s conferences. Muralee’s research and consulting interests are in Human Resource Management, Sports Law and Sports Management. He also holds a Masters in Commercial Law (Melbourne Law School, University of Melbourne), MBA (University of Nevada-Las Vegas), and BBA (University of Iowa). Born and raised in South-East Asia, Muralee is an Australian citizen from Melbourne.
- Ph.D., University of Melbourne, Australia (2016)
- MCommLaw, University of Melbourne, Australia
- MBA, University of Nevada-Las Vegas
- BBA, University of Iowa
- MBA-Management in Contemporary Organizations
- Human Resources Management
- Sports Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Introduction to Management
Awards / Fellowship / Scholarship
- Bangor Savings Bank/Lyndon Paul LoRusso Faculty Development Fund Award 2020
- Excellence in Teaching Award 2019- Maine Business School, University of Maine
- Graduate Faculty Mentor Award 2019- University of Maine
- Ian Kirk Social Entrepreneurship Research Fellow, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Melbourne International Research Scholarship, University of Melbourne, Australia
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
Das, M. and Myrden, S. (2021) America’s Major League Soccer: Artificial Intelligence & the Quest to Become a World Class League. The Case Journal, forthcoming.
Das, M. and Myrden, S. (2020) Asian Football: How Corruption Disrupted Marketing Value in the Game’s Largest Fan Market. The Case Journal, forthcoming.
Das,M. (2018). International Regulation of Fantasy Sports: Comparative Analysis of United States, Australian and Asian Laws. University of Nevada-Las Vegas (UNLV) Gaming Law Journal, Vol. 8
Peer-Reviewed Book Chapters
Das, M., & Nair, M. (2004). Corporate Governance in the Global Soccer Industry: Externalities and Prospects. Corporate governance: an international perspective, 294. Malaysian Institute of Corporate Governance (MICG)
Peer-Reviewed Conference Papers/Proceedings/Caucuses
Das, M. (2017). Corruption in Asian Football: Legal and Governance Responses to Increase Commercial Value of Football in Asia. North American Society for Sports Management Conference, Colorado, USA
Das, M., & Metz, I. (2015). What It Takes to Change the World? Talent Identification for Social Enterprises. Academy of Management Proceedings (Vol. 2015, No. 1, p. 15987). Academy of Management.
Das, M. (2014). Leadership Behavior and Firm Social Performance. Academy of Management Proceedings (Vol. 2014, No. 1, p. 14798). Academy of Management.
Das, M. (2013). Leadership Behavior and Organizational Performance: Blended Value Returns-Financial & Social. Academy of Management Proceedings (Vol. 2013, No. 1, p. 13374). Academy of Management.
Robinson J.A & Das, M. (2013). Antecedents of Social Entrepreneurial Actions Across Developing and Developed Economies. Academy of Management Conference, Orlando, Florida.
- Academy of Management Conferences
- North American Society for Sports Management Conferences
- International Journal of Human Resource Management
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: An International Journal