3rd Party Billing
Welcome to the University of Maine 3rd Party billing information page. Here you will find information about the billing process as well as the Online Purchase Order (PO) Submission Form. Once the form has been submitted by the 3rd Party and reviewed, the charges will be transferred to a 3rd Party account and appear as paid on the student account. They will then be the 3rd Party’s responsibility to pay. Invoices will be sent after the add/drop period is over in order to ensure accurate billing. Information on the add/drop period can be found on the Student Records website.
- Review the charges on your MaineStreet account
- If you add or drop courses, these charges will change. Please update your 3rd Party with any changes to the charges on your account.
- Provide your 3rd Party with your billing needs and your Student ID Number.
- Pay any charges not covered by your 3rd Party.
- Payment plan information can be found on the Bursar’s web page here.
- Enter Anticipated Resources in the amount your 3rd Party will be paying.
- Failure to enter this information by the bill due date will result in a $100 late fee. Step-by-step instructions on how to enter Anticipated Resources can be found o the Bursar’s web page here.
- Follow up with your 3rd Party to verify they have submitted the Online Purchase Order form.
- Monitor your MaineStreet account for changes.
- Receipt of the Online PO Submission from your 3rd Party will appear as a payment on your MaineStreet account.
3rd Party Responsibilities
- Gather the following information:
- Your Organization ID Number, provided by the University of Maine
- Student ID Number for each of your sponsored students
- The course information for each of your sponsored students
- The billing needs for each of your sponsored students
- Complete the Online Purchase Order Submission Form
- Submission deadline is 6 weeks after the add/drop period
- If your department is paying full tuition and fees for some students but not for others, please complete a separate form to indicate the difference, as they must be processed separately.
- Once the form has been submitted and reviewed, the charges will be transferred to your 3rd Party account and appear as paid on the student account. They will then be your responsibility to pay.
- When you submit your submission form, you will receive a confirmation email with all of the information on the form. Please keep a copy of this for your records.
- Verify enrollment and charges with your students after the add/drop period has ended
- Information on the add/drop period can be found on the Student Records website.
- To correct a PO submission, please use the correction form and complete it with all of the information from the previous PO as well as the corrections in order to communicate clear billing expectations.
- Verify charges upon receipt of the invoices sent by the University of Maine Bursar’s Office
- Invoices will be sent after the add/drop period is over in order to ensure accurate billing.
- Remit Payment
- Due to FERPA regulations, we are not able to discuss details on student accounts without written authorization. Such details include charges, enrollment, grades, attendance, etc. If a grade is needed in order to remit payment, please contact your students.
Payment is due no later than 6 weeks after the conclusion of the term. Failure to remit payment will result in the transfer of charges back to the student’s account and they will become responsible for the balance, per the Financial Responsibility Statement signed by each student.
Below are examples of how the student portion of this form should be completed:
- If your department pays a specific amount of tuition and/or fees, please select “No” and enter the full amount you will be covering for each student. To add students to the list, please click the plus sign as shown below.
- If your department covers all tuition and fees for the students, please select “Yes” and enter “ALL” into the amount field. To add students to the list, please click the plus sign as shown below.
You will need your Organization ID Number, provided by the University of Maine, in order to complete these forms. The Organization ID is used to validate your submission. Please use the contact information below in order to obtain your Organization ID Number if you have not been assigned one.
Please direct any questions to:
3rd Party Billing Specialist
BY SUBMITTING THE FOLLOWING FORM, YOU ACCEPT THE TRANSFER OF CHARGES.