About Research Data Security Services
Research Data Security Services are central services extended by the Office of the Vice President of Research and Dean of the Graduate School at the University of Maine. Security services facilitate the development and implementation of research-specific data security guidance, policy, and infrastructure, in line with UMS and UMaine information security policies and procedures.
Areas of Focus
- Pre- and post-award review & consulting with PIs
- Researcher-focused solution assessments
- Periodic assessments of compliance within secure computing environments
- Compliant reaction to information security incidents
- Development of System Security Plans (SSPs)
- Development and review of Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) to identify information system weaknesses, mitigating actions, resources, and timelines for corrective actions
- Technical security controls assessments and baseline validations to identify vulnerabilities and correct deficiencies as part of a continuous monitoring program
The following resources are provided through the UMS Information Security Office, who work to identify, protect against, detect, respond to, and recover from information security events.
The following resources are also relevant to cybersecurity.