Welcome to The Wilson Center
THE PARTY TO CELEBRATE THE MAINES’ FAMILY WILL GO FORWARD
from 2:30-4pm on FRIDAY THE 14TH
regardless of whether the University closes for the day.
See the current events page for more details.
The Wilson center is an independent, progressive religious voice on campus. We have deep Christian roots AND we respect a wide variety of viewpoints and faith traditions. Our most central value is the equality of all people – we welcome people of all genders, gender identities, sexual orientations, races, religions, nationalities, abilities and economic backgrounds. We believe that we as a community and as individuals are enriched by diversity. We welcome seekers, agnostics, questioners and traditional believers.
Wilson Center Goals:
- To explore Christianity together and to develop the kind of inclusive, progressive Christianity of which we would like to be a part
- To reach out to other faiths and traditions and build true interfaith dialogue and programs
- To design (or cooperate with others in) local and global service projects that have meaning for our community
- To enhance communication across lines of ethnicity, culture, religion, theology, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and economic class
- To work for peace – both globally and locally
- To build worship services, ethics discussion groups, film series, dinners and other spiritual or social events that speak to the needs and desires of the UMaine community