Are you an alumni of the Wilson Center/MCA? If so, we would love to hear from you! Many of our records, especially from the 1970’s to 2000 have been lost, and we would love to hear your stories and recollections! Please contact our Director, Sarah Marx, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-4227
What is the Wilson Center?
The Wilson Center is an independent, progressive religious & spiritual voice on campus. Our most central value is the equality of all people – we welcome people of all genders, gender identities, sexual orientations, races, religions, ethnicities, abilities and economic backgrounds. We believe that we as a community and as individuals are enriched by diversity. We welcome seekers, agnostics, questioners, atheists and traditional believers. We welcome interfaith and multicultural events of all kinds.
The Wilson Center Goals
- To work for peace- both globally and locally
- To reach out to all faiths and traditions and build true interfaith dialogue and programs
- To explore & celebrate both religion & spirituality, and to develop the kind of inclusive, progressive religion/spirituality of which we would like to be a part
- To design (or cooperate with others in) local and global service projects that have meaning for our community
- To enhance communication across lines of ethnicity, culture, religion, theology, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and economic class
- To build worship services, ethics discussion groups, film series, dinners and other spiritual or social events that speak to the needs and desires of the UMaine community