It’s Pride Week in Bangor! Check out the events in the following BDN article and go join in the celebrations!
Check out the following articles as well, in which faith communities and leaders of all kinds 1) reach out to the LGBTQ+ community and 2) discuss what their own communities can do to make sure nothing like Orlando happens again:
What is the Wilson Center?
The Wilson Center is an independent, progressive religious & spiritual voice on campus. Our most central value is the equality of all people – we welcome people of all genders, gender identities, sexual orientations, races, religions, ethnicities, abilities and economic backgrounds. We believe that we as a community and as individuals are enriched by diversity. We welcome seekers, agnostics, questioners, atheists and traditional believers. We welcome interfaith and multicultural events of all kinds.
The Wilson Center Goals
- To work for peace- both globally and locally
- To reach out to all faiths and traditions and build true interfaith dialogue and programs
- To explore & celebrate both religion & spirituality, and to develop the kind of inclusive, progressive religion/spirituality of which we would like to be a part
- To design (or cooperate with others in) local and global service projects that have meaning for our community
- To enhance communication across lines of ethnicity, culture, religion, theology, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and economic class
- To build worship services, ethics discussion groups, film series, dinners and other spiritual or social events that speak to the needs and desires of the UMaine community