Multifaith Luncheon Cancelled for today, January 16, 2020. Next Luncheon is Feb 13. Stay safe!
The Wilson Center
for Spiritual Exploration and Multifaith Dialogue
The Wilson Center is an independent, progressive religious & spiritual voice on campus. Our most central value is the equality of all people – we welcome people of all genders, gender identities, sexual orientations, races, religions, ethnicities, abilities, and economic backgrounds. We believe that we as a community and as individuals are enriched by diversity. We welcome seekers, agnostics, questioners, atheists, and people of every faith tradition. We welcome interfaith and multicultural events of all kinds.
The mission of the Wilson Center is to create progressive, ecumenical, and multifaith dialogue for the University of Maine community and through worship, study, and service, to work for social justice, honor diversity, and offer opportunities for spiritual growth.
- To work for peace- both globally and locally
- To reach out to all faiths and traditions in order to build true interfaith dialogue and programs
- To explore & celebrate both religion & spirituality, and to develop the kind of inclusive, progressive religion/spirituality of which we would like to be a part
- To design (or cooperate with others in) local and global service projects that have meaning for our community
- To enhance communication across lines of ethnicity, culture, religion, theology, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and economic class
- To build worship services, ethics discussion groups, film series, dinners and other spiritual or social events that speak to the needs and desires of the UMaine community