Making your campus living experience a great one!
Residence Life oversees the day-to-day staffing and operations within the residence halls here at UMaine. Our staff works with other faculty and staff from across the university campus to build safe, inclusive and welcoming communities for all of our residential students.
The First Year Experience (FYE) is the overarching program that works to connect first-year students to the University of Maine campus and to their peers, while also helping first-year students be academically successful.
- We require all first-year students to live on-campus for their full first year at UMaine
- We have six residence halls in one area of campus dedicated to first-year students
- We offer eight unique Living Learning Communities to our first-year students, which provide first-year students with instant connections to their hallmates
- We have a First Year Center dedicated to supporting first-year students in their academic success, as they navigate the university campus, as they seek out resources, as they look for ways to get involved on campus, and much more!
The Second Year Experience is the overarching program that works to support second-year students as they continue to develop their academic and career interests.
- We assist second-year students who are still working to find the right major/minor/career path
- We work to help second-year students identify internship, work and volunteer opportunities to help them build their resumes
- We continue to connect second-year students to valuable resources, including the Bodwell Center for Service and Volunteerism, the Career Center, the Study Abroad office, and much more!
For more information about our residence halls, programs and staff, please check out the rest of our website.