Skip Navigation

Crosby Laboratory - History

LabPhotoLocated on the scenic University of Maine campus in Orono, the laboratory was constructed in 1926 with funds donated by Mr. Oliver Crosby, the inventor of the Crosby Clamp. Crosby’s dream was to establish a facility, at his alma mater, where the mechanical engineering arts could thrive. As we enter the 21st century, Crosby’s dream continues to flourish as Crosby Laboratory excels as both an advanced engineering research facility and a facility for providing today’s students with the skills they will need to succeed as tomorrow’s engineers.

 


Back to Crosby Laboratory