The Rising Tide Center is pleased to introduce the Excellence in Faculty Mentoring Award for 2013-2014. This award will honor an outstanding faculty mentor who has committed to supporting the professional development of junior colleagues and to serving as a role model in creating a positive and supportive work environment.
The recipient of the 2013-2014 Excellence in Faculty Mentoring Award will consistently demonstrate one or more of the following attributes:
1. Offers sound counsel and valuable information to their mentees in order to advance and develop the mentee’s own path to professional success.
2. Generously shares his or her valuable time and expertise in critiquing the mentee’s work.
3. Helps to create a vital and engaged academic community in their unit and at the University of Maine.
4. Involves mentees in publications, grants and conferences, as well as readily sharing knowledge of such opportunities.
5. Makes others aware of the contributions and the value of their mentees.
6. Serves as a role model for colleagues by maintaining high standards for excellence within his or her own discipline and at the larger UMaine level.
There are several ways to nominate your mentor or another deserving faculty mentor, including using the on-line submission form (below). Alternately, nominators can mail a copy of the completed nomination form to the Rising Tide Center, or e-mail a scanned copy to the Director of the Rising Tide Center at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations will be accepted until January 31, 2014 at 5 pm.