Careers in WGS
Our alums are employed as:
- Public Awareness Coordinator
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Mental Health Counselor
- Advocacy Services Coordinator
- Client Advocate
- Clinical Therapist
- Associate Vice President for Student Engagement
- Academic Counselor
- Director of Community Support Services
- Social Studies Teacher
- Accommodations Administrator
- Engagement Specialist in Behavioral Healthcare
- Women’s Rights Advocate
- Family Advocate
- Family Caregiver Specialist
- Criminal Justice Coordinator
- Marketing & Development Professional
- Education & Communications Director
Resources with information about Careers in WGS:
Portland State University’s “What Can I Do with a Degree in Women’s Studies?”
From the Grand Valley State University Website:
Internet Sites with Career-Related Information for Women’s Studies Majors
- Career Opportunities for Majors in Women and Gender Studies— Lists related occupations and types of employers. From Career Services, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey.
- Using Your Degree: 242 Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies graduates know the answer. From the Women’s Studies Program at the State University of New York, New Paltz, New York. Identifies career paths of many WGS graduates.
- What can you do with a Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies Degree? Anything you want! From the Women’s Studies Program at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Lists job titles of women’s studies graduates.
Internet Sites with Job Search Information for Women’s Studies Majors
- Feminist Career Center — From the Feminist Majority Foundation. Lists full-time job openings and internships with feminist and progressive organizations. Also has links to feminist and nonprofit job banks.